Fiber Optic Accessories & Tools
How many types of fiber optic tool kit?
Generally speaking, the optical fiber tool kit is a tool often used by maintenance person. According to its functions, it can be divided into 6 categories: optical fiber installation tool box, optical fiber fusion tool box, optical fiber polishing tool box, optical fiber home tool box, and optical fiber test tool Box and fiber optic cleaning kit.
There are two ways of fiber coupling, what is the difference?
There are two ways of fiber coupling: fiber cold junction and fiber fusion. The two methods require different tools.
The difference between these two is :
Hot melt: need to use a fusion splicer and a fiber cutter to connect the two fibers together, no other auxiliary materials are needed. The advantage is that the quality is stable and the connection loss is small (about 0.03 to 0.05). The disadvantage is that the equipment cost is too high, the equipment has limited power storage capacity, and the field operation is limited.
Cold connection: It doesn’t need much equipment, just the fiber cutter. However, each contact requires a quick connector (which can be said to be the mainstream operation in the future), about 5 to 10 RMB, the advantage is easy to operate, suitable for field operations, the disadvantage is large loss, about 0.1 to 0.2dB per point, aging problem takes time to verify.
8 parameters to help you choose a satisfied fusion splicer:
- The number of applicable fiber cores, the more the better
- The fusion time of the optical fiber fusion splicer should be as short as possible
- The heating time of the optical fiber fusion splicer should be as short as possible.
- The splice loss of the optical fiber fusion splicer is as small as possible
- The battery power supply of the optical fiber fusion splicer, the larger the battery capacity, the better
- The operating environment of the optical fiber fusion splicer, the larger the support range, the better
- The life of the optical fiber fusion splicer, the longer the better
- The magnification of the fiber, the bigger the better.
Of course, the better the parameters, the more expensive it is, and you have to weigh your needs against your budget.
What other accessories for optical communication equipments?
Optical communication equipments also has many small accessories, such as protect sleeve, fasteners, and so on.